Dear TRUE Members,
Interviews for the new TRUE Negotiations Team will be held on Monday, January 11th beginning at 4:00 pm, at the TRUE Office.
If you are interested in serving on the Negotiations Team, TRUE’s Standing Rules have the following criteria for nominees:
- Be an active member of the Association
- Demonstrate active membership by participating on Site Representative Council and/or on Association committee(s)
- Be able to maintain emotional control and positive attitude under stress or distress
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and credibility
- Be sensitive to other personalities
- Be committed to tenure of term of office and long hours of work
- Commit to representing the issues of all members consistent with the contract content and priorities determined by the Executive Board.
This commitment can include being out of your classroom to negotiate, in addition to after school times.
For your review, attached is a document containing language from the TRUE Bylaws and Standing Rules on negotiators and negotiations. (click here to view document)
If you are interested in interviewing for the team, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com with the following information:
- Grade Level/Subject you teach
- Past experience with union committees/activities and/or Site Representative Council
Deadline to submit request for Negotiations Team member interviews is: Thursday, January 7th by 4:30 p.m. at the latest. We will e-mail you later that day with your interview time. If you are interested, please keep Monday, January 11th open on your calendar to be interviewed.