Member Vs Non-Member

July 28, 2016
  • What is the difference between a Member and Agency Fee Payer (Non-Member)?
    Every Employee of the Twin Rivers Certificated Bargaining Unit pays dues/fees, whether a Member or Agency Fee Payer.

Members You MUST complete and return a signed Membership Form to TRUE, to become a TRUE/CTA/NEA Member. Members are entitled to vote and hold office for local association roles; are covered under the $1,000,000 Educators Employment Liability coverage; have access to legal representation and are eligible for CTA-sponsored insurance programs and many more valuable membership benefits. For more benefit info, please check out the Member Benefits Page.

Agency Fee Payers If you do not fill out a membership form, you automatically become a fee payer. If you choose to be a fee payer, you would be entitled to receive a rebate for the portion of your fees not used for collective bargaining and employment matters. To receive that rebate, you are required to fill out the paperwork by the deadline, sent with the Hudson Notice, from CTA. Agency Fee Payers may only vote on and receive support on contractual issues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *